Friday, May 1, 2009



With our move just right around the corner I think my feelings about it would be best summed up with one word. Bittersweet. I am so sad to leave our wonderful little "bubble" that we live in here in So. Cal. It is going to be so hard to say goodbye to amazing friends, warm sunshine all year, the sandy beach, Disneyland trips, Sunday "Fremont Football field" walks, the list goes on and on! So I decided I better focus on the "sweet" things ahead so I don't have to think of the "bitterness" of good-byes! And here is my top 3...
1. I am ECSTATIC to be the proud owner (in the near future) of a WASHER and DRYER!! With 3 kids I am doing my share of laundry these days. And I have had my days of carrying my laundry hamper on one hip, a baby on the other, and 2 fighting boys in tow only to get to the coin machine and realize it is already being used! ARGG!
2. A little patch of grass. I'm not asking much, I'll even settle for just a little. The idea of having a backyard seems HEAVENLY! It will be so nice to have some space for these kids of mine to play! Our apartment can seem pretty small sometimes with no backdoor to send them out...
(However, I do have to admit we have had some awesome memories down there on our little patch of pavement! Sidewalk chalk, splashing in the inflatable mini pool/turtle sprinkler, scooter riding around and around in the same little circle, and us moms sitting in the back of the mini van.)
3. And last, but not least, I get to quit my job!! Scrubbing flights of steps by hand with a little scrub brush is fun and all, but....

So off to new adventures we go. But taking with us some wonderful memories. And you know, I think probably no matter what stage of life you are in, the grass can always seem greener on the other side. I just might get that washer and dryer and still not be thrilled about the pile of dirty laundry callling my name!

8 comments:

Debbie said...

:( We will miss you guys!! How fun though to get a real place! Come back and visit us soon..and please keep in touch!

Mitchell Family said...

Sweena,
I can hardly wait for you to come, when is the big DAY! I love all the things you are blessed with.
Good luck in the move. Please call soon. Love ya Jamie

holly said...

No...you really will LOVE the washer and dryer. Even with the laundry to do. I, personally, am so thrilled to have a dishwasher!! Yippee!

Heidi Kjar said...

so cute gina. That post sums it all up perfectly! I can't wait for you to be here! But wow what an experience it has been for you in Cali huh?! That's funny about you moms sitting in the back of the minivan and the kids playing on the pavement- I bet you can't wait for a patch of grass, no matter how small!

And the washer and dryer thing...I can't even believe you have been doing that with 3 kids, crazy! I can't wait for you to have your "very own"!:) You might be so excited like when you go "real AquaNet" hairspray at christmas! hee hee

Amy said...

I can't believe your turn has come! It seems like just the other day we were trying desperately to get #308 just for you!

You will love the washer/dryer, it's the best thing ever! I do not miss that! I'm sad that I missed the mini-van sitting, but we still have "our memories" of simple Sunday walks! Love ya!

Afton said...

I had to smile through your post. I couldn't have said it better! I feel exactly the same way. Those are the two things I want most right now and we are SOOO close!! :)

Katy said...

Way to look at the bright side! Your posts are always so fun to read...thanks for sharing. You sounded just like mom for a minute there...reminiscing about her days in Cali! Treasured memories. Love ya!

Heidi Kjar said...

gina, i've been waiting for the Dancing with the Stars post! i want to hear about it!