Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dancing with the Stars


Alyssa, Kim and I had tickets to go to Dancing with the Stars! Woo-hoo! We were so excited! So we get our husbands to commit to staying with the kids and head down to Hollywood. Then waited in line (in 100 degree weather) for 3 and a half hours only to make it right up to the entrance and be told that they had just filled the last seats!! I couldn't believe it! It was so disappointing! They did tell us that we could have guaranteed tickets to another taping later. But being able to have a whole day open and line up someone for the kids doe'st happen to often! So I wasn't holding my breath that I'd make it back down again. The picture above is us in the car heading home feeling totally let down...

Fast forward to the following week...On my way to Dancing with the Stars with Dori! I've got my GUARENTEED ticket in hand. So I am feeling pretty good. We wait in line again for another 3 hours, BUT, we get in so it was all worth it. And then once we got inside the studio, they move us to the front row right behind the judges! It was awesome. We had so much fun.


5 comments:

Amy said...

How fun!! I am jealous! What show did you go to, I record them, weird, I know, but I will look for you! By the way, you look gorgeous as usual!

Heidi Kjar said...

So fun! I'm so glad you guys made it in the 2nd time- you both look SO cute in that picture! Yay! That is an experience you guys will never forget!

Lorie said...

That sounds so much fun! I wish I would have known, because then I would have recorded it and looked for you. I bet you were on camera a ton!

Katy said...

You are looking super hot, sis! You and Dori look like models in the second picture. Are those your curtains??? I love those. I'm so glad you finally got in to the show...that must have been so frustrating the first time! Loves!

alyssa said...

I have that same face right now in that pic because I miss you guys. We are taking good care of Good ole Froggy (aka chubby potatoe head) so don't worry. He does a good job at playing dead- he just floats on the top of the water with his legs sprawled out. It freaks me out! Did he do that for you? These last two weeks at the track have not been same without ya. Hope you are doing well! Love ya