Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is our fourth Thanksgiving being here and away from our family. I can't believe how quickly time goes. We had our Thanksgiving dinner here at our apartment together. Bryan is quite the chef when it comes to cooking his famous Turkey. I thought I might die from holding in my laughter while watching him baby that thing. I seriously think he took it out and basted it at least 10 times. But sure enough it did turn out super moist and awesome like always. After dinner we went and played a little golf together. Then we came home, popped a little popcorn, and watched Space Chimps with the kids. It turned out to be a really fun day. I love Thanksgiving for the opportunity it gives me to focus on everything I have to be Thankful for. Here is a small list of a few blessings I've had on my mind.
-I feel so blessed to have such wonderful parents. I can't imagine them parenting any better than the way they did. I had a great childhood because of them. They are a never ending example to me.
-The Gospel. I am so grateful to belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. I am grateful for the knowledge that it gives me that we have a Savior who loves us and died for us. The opportunity it gave me to enter the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity to my family. And for a prophet here on the earth to guide us.
-My family. I don't think I ever realized how much a heart could love someone until I had kids. I am so grateful for my 3 little sweethearts and a wonderful husband.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Bryan cooked this mini turkey and set it in front of Ellie just to be funny. She was ready to dig in!









7 comments:

Heidi Kjar said...

I love that last picture, that is so cute of them all 3 swinging at the same time! We know about Bry's famous turkey too b/c we were there last year to taste the "beauty" :). hee hee love ya

Larson Family said...

Hooray! I am so excited you started a blog. I was hesitant at first too but it really is a great way to keep in touch. Can't wait to see more!

Autumn said...

I love the picture of Ellie, she looks really excited about that turkey! I'm glad you guys had a great time. I know one thing I am really grateful for...awesome apartment mangers. You guys are the best.

Maria said...

Hi Gina- I saw your link on Heidi's blog and wanted to say hi! Your little girl is so cute. Her blessing picture is so beautiful. And I couldn't believe those were really your boys. they have grown so much. They sure are handsome. I am glad you had a great thanksgiving. You are such a cutie. And can I just say NO ONE has ever colored my hair as well as you. I wish you lived in New Jersey!
Maria

Katy said...

Hey Sis,
What cool pictures! It was fun to read the things you are thankful for. I miss you guys! I got a newsletter in the mail today from USU and it had an article about Emily Barrus. I thought you might want to see it, so I tried to find it online. It had a cool picture of Reed, Valerie, Darcy, Kassey, and her kids...anyway, I couldn't find the article, but I found this one:
http://www.coe.usu.edu/alumniandfriends/joyforever.php
Love ya.

Heidi Kjar said...

update already! :) jk love ya

Jessica Draper said...

Hey Gina! Long time! This is Jessica Geddes Draper. It throws people off to see my married name. Your kids are so cute. Your little Ellie is just a month older than my Kaden. You'll have to email me your email and I'll send you an invitation to view our blog. My email is geddesgirl@hotmail.com Gotta love blogging!