Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cole lost his first tooth!


Cole lost his first tooth a couple of weeks ago and was so excited. It came out the same day as his best friends that lives downstairs so they thought that was pretty neat. It was kind of an emotional moment for me! Just realizing that my little boy is growing up and isn't going to be little forever. I just want to push the pause button on life sometimes and enjoy this phase a little longer. Where my boys still love to give me hugs and snuggle. And wake up in the morning and hear Cole say, "Did you have a good sleep and good dreams Mom?" And then hug my leg. Or Carsons "I wuv you mom" in his gruff little way. It's just a blink away before they'll be a teenagers and probably be telling me to get out of their room and stop bothering them! So sad! But there are those days (all to often) when Cole and Carson are fighting so bad that I'm going NUTS! So I guess the point of it all is just to realize that each season of life has it's own set of challenges. So I better just enjoy the one I'm in. Both the Hugs AND the fighting.

2 weeks later... Tooth #2 came out! That tooth fairy is keeping busy.






5 comments:

Heidi Kjar said...

I love Cole's face in these pics, he is SO excited!:) I am glad you posted more pics of Ellie- she looks so cute in that top picture. I love that black background. I know what you mean about being tired and grouchy- I'm right there with you on that one. I am so excited to see you at Christmas too! Love ya

Heidi Kjar said...

ps. that is so cute that cole asks if you had a good sleep and good dreams. I didn't know he did that, so cute.

Amy said...

Wow! Cole is getting so big! Man, they grow up fast don't they?! Good thing his Dad is such a great dentist to take care of all those teeth!

Katy said...

Hey Sis,
I can't tell you how fun it is to see what you guys are doing all the time! I'm so glad you started this blog. It seriously freaks me out to see Cole growing up so fast...since he was the first baby in the fam, it is just weird to see how quickly time passes and they are suddenly not babies anymore. I'll always treasure that time we had living so close to you guys. Those pictures of Ellie are awesome. She smiles so good for the camera. You looked great too! Miss you and can't wait to see you soon. XOXO!
ps.I am so sorry to hear about your sleep! I waited till Savanna was nine months old till I let her cry through the night. I finally got to the point of insanity and had to do something. We all know how the Bell's need their sleep, so I am totally feeling for ya! Good luck.

Afton said...

I am totally with you. I often wish for a "pause button". I just can't believe how fast time flies and how much these kids grow up. You've got some cute kids! Tyler and Makenzie have been asking to see Cole and Carson-we need to get together soon!