Thursday, March 19, 2009

Little peice of heaven

I had one of those moments in time yesterday where I was just overcome with gratitude for the blessings in my life. Bryan and I had taken the kids to the park. The temperature was PERFECT. The trees are in bloom here and covered in beautiful pink flowers. There was a little breeze and it was blowing some of the blossoms off of the tree. It made the air smell so sweet with perfume. I had Ellie on my shoulders and the boys were running around laughing. I had to take a step back and just soak it all in. I just wanted to pause that moment. It just hit me how blessed I am. Riding home we had the windows down feeling the warm air on our skin, and looking at a gorgeous sun setting behind the palm trees. And I just felt so grateful to be alive! To be here with my family that I love so much. Sometimes I get so busy living life with all the hustle and stress of trying to get everything done, that I forget how wonderful it is just to be here! And how important it is to have those great moments together as a family as much as possible. Needless to say...today I made sure to find the time to just lay on the grass with my boys and watch the clouds go by.

2 comments:

Katy said...

So awesome, Gina. Thanks for sharing. I wish I could smell those blossoms right now and watch your cute family play together! I love you.

Heidi Kjar said...

so true gina...those moments make it all worth it huh? You are going to miss that good weather and blossoms in Cali pretty soon:)....soak it all in while you can!!! I loved this post...love ya, Heidi